; Supermarket Serenade: I'm not too proud to beg (for votes)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm not too proud to beg (for votes)


I returned from vacation with a nice surprise: my recipe for Warm Tropical Breeze Fruit Wraps is a finalist in the Snack with Dole recipe contest.

What does this mean?
Well, the finalist recipe with the most votes will win a trip to Hawaii for four! But alas it's a voting contest...so I must spend the next month begging friends and family and strangers on the street to cast a vote for me.

How can you help?

Simple. You register at the Dole way to snack web site. Look for the tab that says Evening, then find the recipe for Warm Tropical Breeze Fruit Wraps and then cast your vote (please).
Is the recipe any good?

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always necessarily like the recipes I submit to contests, but this particular recipe I LOVE! It's simple. It's tasty. It's easy enough for your children to make by themselves (supervised of course).

Is there anything in it for you?

Actually, yes. Every time you vote you are registered in a sweepstakes for $100 gift card. Not too shabby. Oh and of course you will win my eternal gratitude.




6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups Dole Tropical Fruit, drained
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
2 tablespoons crushed macadamia nuts

Arrange the tortillas on a work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of the Dole fruit in a line down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle the fruit with the coconut, evenly dividing. Wrap the tortillas around the fruit and coconut and arrange wraps one or two at a time on a microwave safe plate.

Microwave the wraps for 25-30 seconds until tortillas are soft and the fruit is warm; repeat with the remaining wraps. Drizzle each wrap with the warmed caramel topping and sprinkle with macadamia nuts, evenly dividing.

Tips: Be careful when using the microwave, plates can get very hot so be sure to use a pot holder. If you prefer, you may substitute chocolate ice cream topping for the caramel.

****************************************


Thank you to Lori aka The Recipe Girl for bestowing an award on my blog!


I would like to pass it along as well to a few (well) deserving blogs:

First to Prudence Pennywise (I'm sure she's been awarded it before, but I think she is worthy of it again-she is the most devoted blogger!)

also I'd like to pass it to Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake - not only do I thoroughly enjoy her blog I think it has the coolest name!

13 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

WOW. Congratulations. I'll register to vote now.

Prudy said...

Thanks so much and I voted for you yesterday and will do it again. The prize is so incredible-I hope you win! Thanks so much for the award. I really do appreciate it. Sometimes blogging feels like a ton of work, so it's nice to be recognized.:)

grace said...

i'll totally vote for you--what a great recipe, and what a great welcome home surprise!

Allie said...

I hope you win! I voted and passed along the site to my friends to vote for you too of course. I stressed about the contest and in the end couldn't come up with anything how sad is that!?!? Congrats again and got my fingers crossed for you.

Jenny said...

What an awesome recipe Veronica! I'll go vote for you for sure! I hope you take home the big prize! Good luck!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I am voting for you right after I leave this comment. Hope you win!
(Let me know if you are coming over!) ;-)

Veronica said...

Thank you everyone! I really hate voting contests...but thank you so much for your support! Deb...I would so love to visit your beautiful state!

Aggie said...

Just voted!! Good luck to you! What a great prize!

La Bella Cooks said...

Congratulations on the award!!
Wow, I sure hope you win with this delicious recipe. I will totally vote for that!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Good luck! I will vote everyday. Congrats on your award!

Leslie said...

Congrats on your well deserved award!

Emily said...

I voted. Not sure why they needed my address, but whatever. Hopefully I don't get any Dole people knocking on my door.

I hope you win. If you win, you have to report back to us all the details.

Tracy said...

I voted for you! Good luck!