; Supermarket Serenade: My Cherry Amore

Friday, February 13, 2009

My Cherry Amore

Favorite Food Find Friday on the day before Valentine's Day of course must include a sweet treat and I promise you that this find will not disappoint.

Today's favorite food find is....

Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses!

I would like to plant a wet one on the food scientist at Hershey's who came up with the idea of soft-centered, filled kisses...they are confectionery genius in a foil wrapper. By far my favorite of these creamy filled delights is the Cherry Cordial variety; they are rich milk chocolate with a pink, creamy cherry flavored center.

I love putting these kisses in the freezer...it slows down my eating pace and provides a mini, cool ice cream-like treat. Frozen or right out of the bag, the caramel variety comes in a close second to the cherry flavored and today I saw a cheesecake variety but I exhibited a rare moment of self control and did not purchase them (can you hear the regret?).

While these treats are wonderful on their own, I've used them today to create rich, cherry flavored fudge truffles sure to please all your little sweethearts and your special someone.



Cherry Cordial Fudge Truffles

1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 tablespoons butter
1 (10 ounce) package Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses (wrappers removed!)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder


(Try to resist stealing kisses as you unwrap them...just remember you can lick the pan!)

Line a 9 inch square baking dish with aluminum foil.


Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large pan, add the butter and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted.
Stir in the Kisses and the chocolate chips, cooking and stirring just until melted.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the square pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Pour the cocoa powder into a shallow dish. Using a spoon, scoop the fudge into rounded teaspoons and drop into the cocoa powder.
Roll the fudge into cocoa covered balls using your hands. Place into mini baking cups.
Yield: about 48 truffles

I was lucky enough to stumble upon these Reynolds heart shaped foil pans at the dollar store (I'm pretty sure they're discontinued). Three truffles fit perfectly into the hearts and I was able to package them up for the ladies at the shelter I cook for...don't they look cute?!!

11 comments:

Maria said...

I love the heart tins! TOO CUTE!! Happy V-day!

Donna-FFW said...

These look really delicious. Perfect for tomorrow!!

That Girl said...

These truffles are too cute for words! And I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for those kisses.

Anonymous said...

I just bought some of these Kisses on clearance...after Valentines Day sale. I know what to do with them now...if I don't eat them all first :-)

Tami said...

I love those cherry kisses, the truffles are a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Sweet packaging too!

Jennifer said...

These look to be better that the old fashioned cherry chocolates my Grandma always put in my stocking. I love that you also spot on new products-I just did as well. :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I bet these were fantastic. They look beautiful!

Reeni said...

How scrumptious! The tins are so sweet!!

Robin said...

What a great recipe and I loved how you packaged them, so very cute. I will have to hunt these down now. Thanks!

Tara the Foodie said...

How cute! I LOVE how you presented them in heart shaped tins! They look so good, too.

La Bella Cooks said...

Oh these are so cute in the little heart tins. Very creative! I bet these truffles were wonderful. I would be in heaven.